The EHS / Project Manager position is responsible for cultivating and driving the environmental, health, and safety program. This position requires a hands-on approach in support of the site.
- Understand, administrate, execute, and maintain Federal EPA and CDPHE permit and regulatory requirements for Air, Stormwater, SPCC, UST’s, Waste Management, EPCRA 312 and 313.
- Lead safety training for new hires and site employees covering topics such as the control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, Hazard Communication, Emergency Response Plan, etc.
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, and ANSI regulations and best practices.
- Responsible for conducting safety assessments/inspections of production areas to ensure adherence to site safety policies.
- Responsible for the administration of personal protective equipment (PPE) for the site and proper selection.
- Conduct incident management and accident/incident investigations.
- Responsible for the maintaining and updating the facility Risk Management Plan, to include coordinating training requirements for site personnel.
- Participate in capital projects that support the interface with regulatory agencies and third parties on compliance and enforcement issues as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. Occupational health, safety, environmental science, engineering, or a comparable scientific discipline required.
- A minimum of 5 years of EHS experience in a direct manufacturing support role is strongly desired.
- 2 years of regulatory and technical expertise (Occupational as well as Process Safety) is strongly desired.
- 5 years EHS Program Management experience including but not limited to Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, Hot Work, Fall Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, Hazard Communication, and Emergency Planning and Response.
- Leadership capabilities to drive EHS programs and safety culture.
- Data interpretation and communication (monitoring reports and control recommendation), and regulatory compliance relating to occupational health and safety.
- Experience with leading and handling OSHA complaints, citations, or audits.
- Highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Motivated, team player that can also work independently.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Excellent organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to create as well as review documents, procedures and other pertinent data.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision.
Fabpro Polymers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 620.532.4000 or HR@glpolymers.com for assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the links below to find out more.